The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bay City!!

Bay City, Michigan, was at the 302-mile mark of this part of my journey. Bay City is sliced in two by Saginaw River as it makes its way to Saginaw Bay. The bay forms the separation between Michigan's thumb and the rest of the "mitten."





I stayed at the Historic Webster House B&B in Bay City.




And, yes, I booked a room with a jacuzzi! After hiking 302 miles, it seemed to be the logical move.


My family gathered me and my backpack and boots and swept me away to a lunch filled with laughter and catching up! Thanks to Leslie, my Mom, and Lucas (in last photo) for making the trip to Bay City to bring me home. I will take most of May off to write about this portion of my adventure and to plan the next part!



Location:Bay City, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment