The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Segment 3, Day 3 Holland->Grand Haven 19 miles


High of 49 degrees.

The day started off pretty brisk (the sand is white because of the frost in the first photo), but warmed quickly.

Lucas and I had a nice stretch of beach to walk up to Port Sheldon where we had to go inland due to the river, Pigeon Lake, and then the land owned by the power plant there.

It was in Port Sheldon that I passed a milestone on the Trek: 150 miles! Lucas took a photo of me with the Port Sheldon sign behind me at that very spot.

We walked inland for a few miles past the power plant to Kirk Park and back to the lake. This is where some news crews caught up with us.






Lucas let me do the final 8 miles alone this day since Phil was able to swing by and get him at Kirk Park.








The day was crystalline clear. The kind of day you want to inhabit and consume, to make it part of you.


It was wonderful to see Phil and Lucas waiting for me on the beach in Grand Haven. It was a long day covering 19 wonderful miles of the lakeshore.





No comments:

Post a Comment