The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Segment 6, Day 6 Bay Shores->Harbor Springs 18 miles

High of 75 degrees

I had some company this day. Rick Land (in photo to left), a friend from way back in my college days, was up in Charlevoix while I was passing through. He joined me for 6 miles of this day's trek.

It was a perfect day, and we walked together on the pathway from Bay Shores, through Petoskey, and into Bay View. Much of the shoreline here is rocky and marshy, and a large stretch is restricted because it is owned by Consumers Power, so the pathway was a great way to move through this beautiful area. It was fun to catch up with Rick as we walked.

I continued on alone onto the beach at Petoskey State Park. This park is at the far end of Little Traverse Bay and is all sandy. It was great to take off my boots and wade in the water on this warm day.

On the north side of the bay, it got marshy once again, so I walked Beach Road which hugged the water most of the way into lovely Harbor Springs. I strolled through the town, then out just a bit on M119.

No comments:

Post a Comment