The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Thursday, December 26, 2019

Year-End Hike

Loreen Niewenhuis is an author, adventurer, and dynamic speaker. 

She has completed a trilogy of 1,000-mile adventures exploring the Great Lakes and has authored three books about these adventures. 


To learn more about her work, or to engage her as a speaker, go to 

http://www.laketrek.com/great-lakes-speaker/





I was able to fit in a little hike during the holiday festivities. I headed to the lakeshore to hike one of my favorite trails, Empire Bluff.





The trail was a little snowy and icy at the bottom, but cleared off at the top. The day was mild and almost windless.






It was a little foggy, but most of it burned off while I hiked.


It was mild enough to take a break to watch the colors of Lake Michigan.

Merry Holidays to all.



1 comment:

  1. I've only done that trail once, and it was pouring rain. I should try again next time I'm up there.

    ReplyDelete