The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Looking Back on 2019

Loreen Niewenhuis is an author, adventurer, and dynamic speaker. 

She has completed a trilogy of 1,000-mile adventures exploring the Great Lakes and has authored three books about these adventures. 


To learn more about her work, or to engage her as a speaker, go to 

http://www.laketrek.com/great-lakes-speaker/


Well, 2019 went by quickly!

I had over a dozen speaking engagements, including:
Quiet Adventure Symposium at Michigan State University
Schoolcraft College's "Coffee & Conversations" series
Many libraries and community centers




See my 2020 speaking engagements here or in the sidebar to the right.
I'm honored to be a feature speaker at Lakeside Chautauqua, and re-booked at Schoolcraft College and the Quiet Adventure Symposium.



It was my honor to lead an all-women team of hikers on a Moosewatch Expedition on Isle Royale in May (I'll do this again in 2020).



My 2019 team


And I did a lot of hiking on my own this year, exploring places I know well, 
and some trails new to me.




Trail along the Boardman River



Empire Bluff Trail


Jordan River Valley Trail


I hope you had a wonderful 2019.
Happy trails to you all in 
2020!
May you have many adventures waiting for you in this new decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment