The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Where it All Began...

Loreen Niewenhuis is an author, adventurer, and dynamic speaker. 

She has completed a trilogy of 1,000-mile adventures exploring the Great Lakes and has authored three books about these adventures. 


To learn more about her work, or to engage her as a speaker, go to 

http://www.laketrek.com/great-lakes-speaker/





It was on this date 
TEN YEARS AGO
that I began my trek around Lake Michigan.

I am amazed that it has been a decade since this all began.

Standing on Chicago's Navy Pier for the beginning of this 1,000-mile hike, I didn't know if I could do it, had never done anything of this magnitude before. 

I would hike along the edge of my favorite place and get to know it completely...
all its many moods...




...the many creatures living along the edge of this Great Lake...


...the beauty along the way.

I arrived back in Chicago after 64 days of hiking (averaging 16 miles/day).

 And I got to celebrate with friends and family and followers of this amazing journey.
This adventure led to my first book:






It went on to be a Heartland Indie Bestseller!
[Available wherever books are sold -- support your local INDIE bookstore!]

Also available as an audiobook HERE.

This first adventure led to two more:




I have given over 200 presentations about my Great Lakes adventures! 
Learn more about me and my dynamic presentations about our magnificent Great Lakes HERE







No comments:

Post a Comment