The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Monday, October 29, 2018

Great Lakes Island Anniversary


Loreen Niewenhuis is an author, adventurer, and dynamic speaker. 

She has completed a trilogy of 1,000-mile adventures exploring the Great Lakes and has authored three books about these adventures. 


To learn more about her work, or to engage her as a speaker, go to 

http://www.laketrek.com/great-lakes-speaker/



This week marks the 4th anniversary of the completion of my Great Lakes Island Adventure.

This was my third adventure exploring our magnificent Great Lakes.



Sunrise on Isle Royale


Cup and Saucer Trail on Manitoulin Island



Flowerpot Island in Lake Huron




Cedar tree on South Manitou Island

I set foot on over 30 islands in the 
Great Lakes Basin for this adventure.


Glacial Grooves on Kelleys Island


Finale on Mackinac Island


The islands of our Great Lakes are diverse and amazing. They range from the populated Montreal Island in the St. Lawrence River to wild and remote Isle Royale in Lake Superior.


The book about my island adventure


Moose Antlers on Isle Royale


Monitoring piping plovers on North Manitou Island

I was honored to help with some wildlife research taking place on some of these islands.

In May 2019, I will lead a team of women hikers in a Moosewatch Expedition on Isle Royale. 
Email me if you are interested in more information about joining me on this adventure!
LakeTrek@gmail.com



To learn more about her work, or to engage her as a speaker, go to http://www.laketrek.com/great-lakes-speaker/

No comments:

Post a Comment