The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Monday, October 26, 2015

One Year Ago Today...

Loreen Niewenhuis is an author, adventurer, and Great Lakes speaker. She has completed a trilogy of 1,000-mile adventures exploring the Great Lakes and has written three books about the Great Lakes [A 1,000-Mile Walk on the Beach *a Heartland Indie Bestseller*, A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Walk *winner of the Great Lakes Great Reads Award*, and A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Island Adventure]. To learn more about her work, or to book her as a speaker, go to http://LakeTrek.com


One year ago today, over 40 friends and family and followers of my adventures gathered on 
Mackinac Island for the Grand Finale of my 
1000-Mile Great Lakes ISLAND Adventure.

We had a gorgeous day for the hike 





Hikers ready to head out

Over 25 people hiked the final miles of this adventure on Mackinac Island.

 I brought along the walking stick carved for me by Bette Hartig of Big Rapids, Michigan. It was an honor to hike the final miles of my final adventure with this custom walking stick.

The final steps up to the Grand Hotel (photo by Shelly Kehrle-Sulser)

This past year has been busy! The book about this adventure was released in the spring and I've been touring ever since. 
This month, I had five events in the Chicago area.
I have more upcoming events [see full schedule HERE]. 

And I've already started to book events for 2016.
I now have three dynamic presentations:
Lake Michigan
All Five Great Lakes
Great Lakes Islands




To inquire about booking me as your speaker, please email me at:  LakeTrek@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment