The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Kayaking Artubus Lake

Loreen Niewenhuis is an author, adventurer, and dynamic speaker. 

She has completed a trilogy of 1,000-mile journeys exploring the Great Lakes and has authored three books about these adventures. 


To learn more about her work, or to engage her as a speaker, go to 

http://www.laketrek.com/great-lakes-speaker/




I continue to explore the many inland lakes near me. This network of dozens of lakes funnel water into nearby Lake Michigan.
This week, I paddled the multi-lobed Artubus Lake southeast of Traverse City.

There, I saw some of the largest snapping turtles I've ever seen.








It was a gorgeous day for a paddle.



These lakes are full of life and they funnel clean water into the Great Lakes.














No comments:

Post a Comment