The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Friday, June 7, 2019

Isle Royale Boots

Loreen Niewenhuis is an author, adventurer, and dynamic speaker. 

She has completed a trilogy of 1,000-mile adventures exploring the Great Lakes and has authored three books about these adventures. 


To learn more about her work, or to engage her as a speaker, go to 

http://www.laketrek.com/great-lakes-speaker/


I have hiked five Moosewatch Expeditions on Isle Royale. This island is rugged, rocky, and rugged.

My "Isle Royale boots" have served me well, but I have to retire them now. 



These KEEN boots have over 300 rocky miles on them. They're still comfortable and I'll take them on more gentle hikes.



 I have hiked over 3,000 miles in KEEN boots. 
One thing I know about long-distance hiking: you've got to keep your feet happy.


And KEENs keep my feet SOOOOO happy.
Check out their full line of footwear here:











1 comment: