The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Saturday, April 27, 2019

National Indie Bookstore Day!

Loreen Niewenhuis is an author, adventurer, and dynamic speaker. 

She has completed a trilogy of 1,000-mile adventures exploring the Great Lakes and has authored three books about these adventures. 


To learn more about her work, or to engage her as a speaker, go to 

http://www.laketrek.com/great-lakes-speaker/




I took a long training hike today. I'm getting ready to hike Isle Royale next month, leading a team of hikers on a Moosewatch Expedition.

After that hike, I headed into Traverse City


To celebrate National Indie Bookstore Day,
I stopped in at one of my favorite indies, Brilliant Books. I poked around a bit and bought a new novel by Miriam Toews.

They had me sign a few copies of my own books on their shelves (always a pleasure!).


Stop in at your favorite indie today, and support them all year long.

And if you think there's nothing wrong with buying books from Amazon, click on link below to read why:








No comments:

Post a Comment