The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore


Loreen Niewenhuis is an author, adventurer, and dynamic speaker. 

She has completed a trilogy of 1,000-mile adventures exploring the Great Lakes and has authored three books about these adventures. 


To learn more about her work, or to engage her as a speaker, go to 

http://www.laketrek.com/great-lakes-speaker/



It was a mild and sunny day today. Rare for mid-December, so I headed to some of my favorite places along the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.

My first stop was the DH Day Farm to photograph the iconic barns there.



DH Day Farm


Then, I drove to Pyramid Point to hike the trail there: 

There are people standing on that far-off dune








On the way home, I stopped to photograph this wild turkey. She was unflappable.




And a little video of the lake today:


No comments:

Post a Comment