The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Great Lakes Island Adventure

Loreen Niewenhuis is an author, adventurer, and Great Lakes speaker. She has completed a trilogy of 1,000-mile adventures exploring the Great Lakes and has written three books about the Great Lakes [A 1,000-Mile Walk on the Beach *a Heartland Indie Bestseller*A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Walk *winner of the Great Lakes Great Reads Award*, and A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Island Adventure]. To learn more about her work, or to book her as a speaker, go to http://LakeTrek.com


Three years ago I completed my 1,000-mile adventure exploring the islands of 
our Great Lakes.
As I hiked, biked and boated through the region, I saw hundreds of islands, setting foot on many of them.

The story of this journey is in my third book:




Here are some highlights:

Columbine on Washington Island


Stavkirke on Washington Island


Watching over the piping plovers on North Manitou Island


Kayaking the Les Cheneaux Islands


The Apostle Islands


Kayaking the Apostle Islands


Kayaking the Apostle Islands


Hiking Grand Island with my niece and nephew


Chain coral on Manitoulin Island


Kayaking the Thousand Islands in the St. Lawrence River


Isle Royale

All of my books are available as audiobooks on 
audible.com

No comments:

Post a Comment