The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Great Lakes Speaker

Loreen Niewenhuis is an author, adventurer, and Great Lakes speaker. She has completed a trilogy of 1,000-mile adventures exploring the Great Lakes and has written three books about the Great Lakes [A 1,000-Mile Walk on the Beach *a Heartland Indie Bestseller*A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Walk *winner of the Great Lakes Great Reads Award*, and A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Island Adventure]. To learn more about her work, or to book her as a speaker, go to http://LakeTrek.com


This Friday I traveled to South Haven, Michigan, to visit one of my favorite indie bookstores
Black River Books.


On the rise overlooking the beach at South Haven


Black River Books in South Haven

  This bookstore carries mostly used books (a thoughtfully gathered selection), along with some new books.

Co-owner Pam Haferman helps customers purchase my books


Black River Books had plenty of copies of my three books (they still have a few signed copies in stock!)

  Then, I headed to the senior center to give my Lake Michigan presentation to the group there.

Michelle Davis introduces me to the group of seniors in Van Buren County


The group gets ready for my presentation

 I have traveled to nine states speaking to groups about our amazing Great Lakes. In September I will be a featured speaker at the Kerrytown Bookfest. 


Go HERE to see all my upcoming author events.

No comments:

Post a Comment