The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Illinois Book Tour


 I had a wonderful time touring in Illinois 
with my books, 
A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Walk
and 
A 1,000-Mile Walk on the Beach

I gave a lecture at the beautiful Lake Forest Open Lands Association property called
Mellody Farm.




Gates to the once grand estate

This land was once part of the 1,000 acre estate of the Armour family (of the Armour meatpacking fortune). 
 Fifty acres of this estate are now preserved and efforts are underway to restore the land to pre-farming days. There are diverse habitats found here.





John Sentell, President of Lake Forest Open Lands, introduces me to the audience





Resident turtle at Lake Forest Open Lands

 In between my book tour events, I spent some time at the gathering of regional independent booksellers at the Heartland Fall Forum held in Rosemont, IL.

 It was wonderful to mingle with bookseller friends and to celebrate the indie spirit.

Evergreen Park Public Library

My last appearance in Illinois was in Evergreen Park at the lovely library there. I had time to stop in at Anderson's Bookshop (they graciously supplied books for my library appearance).

Anderson's Bookshop, a wonderful indie bookstore

Anderson's!




No comments:

Post a Comment