The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Sunday, May 13, 2012

These Boots are Made for Hiking!

I hiked the first 300 miles of my adventure in these 
Oregon PCT boots made by KEEN.  
The Oregon PCT boots in repose
As you can tell, they were quite comfortable!  

And they performed well on a variety of terrain.  


Erikson PCT boot by KEEN
  




For the next portion of my hike, there will be more rocks, so I am moving to this even sturdier boot, the Erickson PCT model by KEEN.


They have more leather and go a little higher on the ankle for support.  


Since this boot is constructed for more rugged conditions, I'm hoping they will take me all the way to the finish line in Niagara Falls.  We shall see...


*By the way, the finale of my 1000-mile Great Lakes hike will take place in Niagara Falls on the Canadian side of the river.  I will invite people to join me in Niagara, Ontario, to hike the final 15 miles with me along the 

I am nailing down the details this month for the event which will include a hotel deal at the 
and celebration dinner (along with many other goodies!).  A shuttle will take hikers up to the city of Niagara-on-the-Lake which is located where the Niagara River empties into Lake Ontario.  From there, we will hike back to the falls over portions of a Friday and Saturday in mid-October.  


Details and dates are still in the process of getting nailed down.  I will send a mass e-mail out in the next few weeks with all of the particulars.  Hotel rooms and space at the dinner will be limited, so if you want to come, please watch for upcoming e-mails.  If you are NOT on my e-mail list and would like to be, please send an e-mail my way at Loreen@LakeTrek.com with "Updates" in the subject and I'll add you to my list.  


Please note that since this event takes place in Canada, 
you will need a passport or enhanced license in order to 
cross into Canada from the US.  

4 comments:

  1. Loreen, I would love to meet with you when you're hiking in the UP! Heck, maybe I could even walk with you for five miles or so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Yes, those boots look comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy! Where do you live in the UP? I will be hiking/camping the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and then doing two short hikes near Copper Harbor. My son will be with me for this part. I'll be up there July 11-16. Feel free to e-mail me if you want to try to connect. Loreen@LakeTrek.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my best buddies recommended this website and I owe it to her. She helped me to find this nice website. I appreciate your nice work. Keep continuing helping others. I will refer this site to other people like my best buddy. Thanks.
    Hug & blesses!
    Click this post to read more.

    ReplyDelete