The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tales from the BOOK TOUR...part 6

Memorial Day weekend took me to the lakeshore in SW Michigan for three stops on my book tour. The first was at Buffalo Books in New Buffalo. This store is a combination bookstore and art gallery featuring 22 local artists. The art work is fantastic and ranges from oil paintings, to pastels, to stained glass windows and drawings. There is a lot of talent along the lakeshore!

My next two events were just up the shoreline a bit in South Haven. I gave a presentation with photos at the Senior Center there to a great group of about 30 people. They had great questions for me, too! Afterward, a few of the seniors joined me for a stroll down to the lighthouse and then back to Black River Books.

The next day, I had an author event at Black River Books. It was a combination signing/reading/conversation that stretched over three hours. There was a small circle of chairs in the store and as people filtered in and out, the circle would fill up for a time, then empty out again for the next group. It seems like everyone has questions about my Lake Trek, and I am always happy to answer them.

Black River Books is owned by Dick and Pam Haferman and they often bring their Labradoodles (Booker and Dewey) into the store. The store is mostly used books that the Hafermans acquire from estate sales and other book-sleuthing techniques. I never leave there empty handed!

Here's a short video from my book tour travels, and I hope to see you along the way!




No comments:

Post a Comment