The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

National Lighthouse Day


August 7 is National Lighthouse Day.

This day honors these beacons that have lit the way for so many vessels on the waters around and within the United States.

Here are just a few of the many lights I have passed on my 1000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures:



The Marblehead Lighthouse in Ohio was built in 1821


The Au Sable Lighthouse in the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore


Tawas Point Lighthouse


St. Joseph lighthouse


Grand Traverse Lighthouse

In early August, I went on a lighthouse tour in northern Lake Huron and saw these gems:


Cheboygan Crib Light


Fourteen Foot Shoal Light


Bois Blanc Island Light


Poe Reef Light



For more information on National Lighthouse Day, click HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I almost missed it! Wish I'd known before talking to Steph today at Grand Traverse Lighthouse. :)

    ReplyDelete