The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Book Club visit

Loreen Niewenhuis is an author, adventurer, and Great Lakes speaker. She has completed a trilogy of 1,000-mile adventures exploring the Great Lakes and has written three books about the Great Lakes [A 1,000-Mile Walk on the Beach *a Heartland Indie Bestseller*A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Walk *winner of the Great Lakes Great Reads Award*, and A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Island Adventure]. To learn more about her work, or to book her as a speaker, go to http://LakeTrek.com


I recently had a lovely time speaking to the 
Book Club at the library 
in Schoolcraft, Michigan.


The room was packed!




Marilyn Jones reads a poem she wrote just for me



Poem by Marilyn Jones


Here's the last part of the poem 
"Our Unique Peninsula":

I couldn't wait to read her next book
of other Great Lakes I haven't seen,
It feels like she's an old friend now
that's the sign of a good author, Loreen!

Thanks to this special group, the librarians who coordinated my visit, and to Marilyn for the gift of her poem.

1 comment:

  1. That is exactly what I thought from the first book on, "This woman is a friend."

    ReplyDelete