The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Monday, September 26, 2011

Second Year Anniversary of Lake Trek Finale





Today marks the second anniversary of the completion of my hike around Lake Michigan, a journey of just over 1,000 miles.

It is amazing to look back on that
adventure. In some ways it feels like just yesterday, and in others so distant. It is nearly miraculous that the book about my adventure has been out for over six months, and I'd like to thank Crickhollow Books of Milwaukee and Philip Martin, my editor, for doing such a fantastic job editing and publishing the book.




I'd like to thank everyone who has embraced this book about "my" lake. A 1000-MILE WALK ON THE BEACH spent four weeks on The Heartland Indie Bestseller List this summer. And I've met hundreds of people on my book tour who share a love and concern for Lake Michigan and all of our Great Lakes.



What happens now? Well, I have many events still on my scheduled book tour (see sidebar here or go to LakeTrek.com). The big finale of my book tour will be a week-long tour of Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago in early December. Then, I will begin training for my NEXT ADVENTURE.


Next year I will undertake another 1000-mile hike,
one that lets me touch all five Great Lakes.


Please "LIKE" my fan page on Facebook (if you haven't already) and tell me about YOUR favorite place on the shores of the Great Lakes. Which Great Lake is YOUR favorite? Which park is YOUR favorite? Where have YOU found the best rocks? Where is YOUR favorite place to walk the beach? What is YOUR biggest concern about our Great Lakes?

I will announce my hiking route soon here and on my Fan Page, so stay tuned!!








2 comments:

  1. And here I was just thinking the other day; "I wonder if she'd do it again if she could, or if now that she knows what she knows if she wouldn't." And then there you go announcing that you're going to DO IT AGAIN! I can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dawn! Yes, one adventure was not enough for me!

    ReplyDelete