The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Monday, October 18, 2010

Lake Michigan Rocks!

I've always been a rock hound, and my Lake Trek gave me a golden opportunity to collect rocks from the entire shoreline of Lake Michigan.

The series of four 'waves' of glaciers that formed our Great Lakes dragged rocks from as far away as within the Arctic Circle and deposited them in our lake. You won't find this wide a variety of color and mineral composition anywhere else in the world.

In the video below, I've placed my collection of Lake Michigan rocks on a map of the lake.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Loreen! Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog post regarding the Great Lakes.

    Your hike sounds fascinating, and I would welcome the opportunity to review your book, if you are still interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela,

    That would be fantastic. Send your mailing address to me at: LakeTrek@comcast.net.

    Thanks,
    -Loreen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loreen,
    I'm a bit of a rock hound, myself. I loved this video, and can't wait to have a copy of your book.

    Best wishes for your book,
    Karen George

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Karen! You'll have more time to hunt rocks now that you're retired!

    ReplyDelete