The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

A 1,000-Mile Walk on the Beach

Loreen Niewenhuis is an author, adventurer, and dynamic speaker. 

She has completed a trilogy of 1,000-mile adventures exploring the Great Lakes and has authored three books about these adventures: 

A 1,000-Mile Walk on the Beach  [A Heartland Indie Bestseller]

A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Walk   [Winner of the Great Lakes Great Reads Award] 

A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Island Adventure  [Long-listed for the Chautauqua Prize]

 

To learn more about her work, or to engage her as a speaker, go to http://www.laketrek.com/great-lakes-speaker/


Today is the seventh anniversary of my hike around Lake Michigan. 

I began that journey on Chicago's Navy Pier on a cool March day. 





1,019 miles later, I walked back into Chicago completing my loop around my favorite place.




I have completed a trio of Great Lakes Adventures now. I learned so much on these journeys. Our Great Lakes are vast inland seas that we all should cherish and protect.

Books about my three adventures are available wherever books are sold. The first two adventures are now available as audiobooks.
Our Great Lakes are waters vital to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment