The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Return Engagement

Loreen Niewenhuis is an author, adventurer, and Great Lakes speaker. She has completed a trilogy of 1,000-mile adventures exploring the Great Lakes and has written three books about the Great Lakes [A 1,000-Mile Walk on the Beach *a Heartland Indie Bestseller*A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Walk *winner of the Great Lakes Great Reads Award*, and A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Island Adventure]. To learn more about her work, or to book her as a speaker at your senior community go to http://LakeTrek.com



I have spoken at many senior communities while on my book tour, but the Wyndham community is special. This group read my first book and used it to keep fit! For every 20-minutes of exercise, the residents counted that as "walking" with me for one mile of my 
1,000-Mile Walk on the Beach!

Kalamazoo senior community

 They read and exercised, learning about Lake Michigan along the way. The coordinator, Barb Fish, posted a map of the lake and gave everyone a push-pin to move along the lakeshore as they accrued "miles hiked."

Residents get ready for the presentation

This month I returned to tell them about my Great Lakes ISLAND Adventure and visit with my friends at Wyndham. 

Gail introduces me to the group


No comments:

Post a Comment