The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Big Rapids ~~ Big Gifts!


I recently had an event at Great Lakes Book & Supply in Big Rapids, Michigan.

Friends (Jan & Diann) from Three Rivers took a road trip to Big Rapids to see me!

You may remember that master woodcarver Bette Hartig lives in this city. She carved a wondrous walking staff for me and presented it to me at my last event at the bookstore.

This time, she presented me with a custom walking stick chronicling my 
GREAT LAKES ISLAND ADVENTURE.

Bette Hartig & me with the two walking sticks


Head of walking stick


Top of stick with custom grip


The covers of all three books adorn the stick along with the tracks of many Great Lakes animals and birds


Now I have a pair of custom sticks...more ART for my home


No comments:

Post a Comment