The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Tales from the Book Tour


During mid-April, I headed north to speak at libraries in Mackinaw City and Rogers City.



Icy Straits of Mackinac!


I was greeted by a bit of snow -- and a RAINBOW that landed on Mackinac Island -- but that didn't stop the intrepid northerners from coming out to hear my presentation about my second hike touching all five Great Lakes.

Library in Mackinaw City


The city of Cheboygan is located in between these two towns, and I stopped in to meet the 

Exterior of Purple Tree Books

owner of the bookstore there, 
This is a great little bookstore, and Emily said she'd stock my new book about the islands when it enters full distribution in June.

Emily Clare, bookstore owner  

Thanks to everyone who came out to hear me speak in these wonderful Great Lakes communities!

Library in Rogers City, Michigan



No comments:

Post a Comment