The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Jackson Harbor Inn

 As always, I will share with you some of my favorite places to stay along my journey. Washington Island at the tip of the Door Peninsula in Wisconsin is a special place.

This island community has around 600 permanent residents and is a friendly place. Many of the inhabitants are descended from Nordic and Icelandic peoples. Sturdy folk used to the ice and cold and not shy about the hard work it took to tame this island...




In June, the most wild thing about this island were the out-of-control lilacs blooming everywhere!

As I rode my bike around the island, the smell of lilacs surrounded me all the way to Jackson Harbor Inn at the NE corner of the island.
 This fantastic inn has a water view and comfortable, spacious rooms.
And when was the last time you fell asleep on sheets dried on the line...smelling of fresh lake air, lilacs, and summer?
AMAZING!!

Sheets drying in the Lake Michigan air!


Spacious, comfortable rooms with fridge and microwave!


View from my room: Jackson Harbor and Rock Island!


 Comfortable outdoor areas to enjoy.

From the inn, it's a short walk to catch the Karfi ferry to Rock Island State Park (which I'll blog about soon!).

Promotional consideration given.

No comments:

Post a Comment