The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Saturday, June 22, 2013

The NEXT Adventure

Yes, there will be a NEXT adventure.

Just as my first hike around Lake Michigan gave rise to my second journey touching all five Great Lakes, 
the later journey gave rise to my newest adventure:

Exploring the ISLANDS of the
GREAT LAKES

Did you know that there are over 30,000 islands in the Great Lakes and connecting waterways? 

It would take several lifetimes to explore them all! 

So, I will explore a thousand miles of these islands by hiking, kayaking, and even bicycling.

I also plan to explore and even help with some of the research projects on the islands:

  • The moose/wolf study on Isle Royal in Lake Superior
  • The study of the piping plover on South Manitou Island in Lake Michigan
  • The Lake Erie water snake research on South Bass Island

I have been weaving this island adventure in with my current book tour. I'm having a blast exploring and researching some our fascinating Great Lakes islands and will blog about them soon!

This adventure will span two years, 2013-14.

It is:

A 1000-MILE GREAT LAKES ISLAND ADVENTURE

Walk, paddle, and peddle along with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment