The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Tales From Book Tour in Wisconsin


The book tour took me to Wisconsin 
this month where I had several events.

The first was at the 
in Milwaukee 
where I gave a lecture on the Great Lakes.


Immature bald eagle at SANC

 This is a wonderful center located right on Lake Michigan!

Jean introduces me to the crowd

 I then headed up the Door Peninsula, taking time to visit the
Cana Island Lighthouse.

Cana Island Lighthouse

 Then I headed to Washington Island where I had the unusual task of delivering copies of my new book to the bookstore there,
Islandtime Books, because my new book was backordered!

A very special delivery!!

I didn't have my car on the island, so I loaded them into the basket of a rented bike and paddeled them to the store. This store hosted me for a signing while I was on the island.

Columbine in bloom


Owner Kathleen Dixon at Islandtime Books, Washington Island





Baileys Harbor bookstore!


My final event in Wisconsin (for now) was at Novel Ideas Books on the Door Peninsula. What beautiful country up that way, and warm, friendly, "book" people!

Anyone curious about why my backpack was along for the tour...?

No comments:

Post a Comment