The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Snowy, Brilliant, Book Launch!

A snowy April launch week!

What a fantastic beginning to my new book tour!

I had several appearances around the Traverse City area after formally launching the book at Brilliant Books.


Brilliant Books in Traverse City hosted the formal launch 

of A 1,000-MILE GREAT LAKES WALK 


Any writer appreciates the support of friends and family,  

and I have the best!


Beach at Empire

I took some time to walk the beach 
a bit along "my lake." 

The Glen Lake Library hosted me to give 

my Great Lakes lecture at the Empire Town Hall


Wild turkeys were on the move



Signing at The Cottage Book Shop


Icy pier at Charlevoix


Near Charlevoix


Sleeping Bear Bay near Glen Haven


Always time to stop for chocolate! (Empire, MI)


Pamela Grath (owner of Dog Ears Books, Northport) 

introduces me to the crowd at Brew North 




Time to hike with my friend, Jan, on 

the new Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail


My final event of the week was at 

Great Lakes Book & Supply in Big Rapids

 Thanks to all the great indie bookstores that hosted events this first week of my new book tour! A 1000-MILE GREAT LAKES WALK is only available through select indie bookstores until June 1 when it goes into distribution nationwide. To find out where the book is currently available, go HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment