The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Adventure Landed Me at the Adventure Inn B&B!

Okay...I had a long, rainy, and hot hike the day I arrived at this beautiful B&B on the shores of Lake Huron north of Port Huron. I looked pretty roughed up, but the owners (Nicholas and Sandy) swept me into their home and installed me in the "Toy Room."

This modern house is filled with up-to-the-moment touches like WiFi, large flatscreen televisions, and generous common areas. Oh ya, and it's right on the beach!

The first photo is the view from the couch in this lovely room! Nothing but LAKE HURON as far as the eye can see.



The Toy Room is filled with antique toys (no clowns, thank goodness...they freak me out) including antique slot machines and baskets of coins and tokens to play them.





The room is flooded with light from the windows and three skylights.



There are two rooms in the B&B and the owners have also renovated the adjacent cottage for larger groups (sleeps 6) for longer stays.








The second-to-last photo is of my favorite breakfast table looking out on Lake Huron set with a gorgeous fruit and yogurt and granola parfait. Nicholas also baked scones with dried Michigan cherries.


The last photo is of The Adventure Inn from the beach.

Check out the website for The Adventure Inn!

No comments:

Post a Comment