The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Friday, February 17, 2012

For the Love of Book Clubs!

Every writer hopes to be published. And when that happens, every author hopes that their book will go out in the world and find readers.

I have had the privilege of meeting so many of my readers while on my book tour this past year at lectures and readings in five states. People told me their favorite part of the book, or what they were surprised to learn, or about their connection to the Great Lakes.

Many book clubs have chosen my book to read and discuss. How thrilling is that for a writer? It's amazing!

Quite a few of these book clubs have extended an invitation for me to join them while they talk about my book, and I've been able to attend several of these gatherings. This photo is from the most recent book club I attended in North Carolina! They held a lively discussion of the book and had some great questions and comments.

Thank you to all the readers and
book clubs who have chosen and
championed my book!



No comments:

Post a Comment