The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Big Lake Bash

I had the pleasure of attending the Alliance for the Great Lakes GREAT LAKE BASH this week. I took my mom along to the site on the shores of Lake Michigan.



The second shot is of me and my mom, the sun is behind us, getting ready to lower itself into the lake.






The last photo is of the Alliance's President, Joel Brammeier, addressing the gathering.













I have been a member of the Alliance for the Great Lakes for years now, and they do important and effective work to protect our Great Lakes. They are an important ally in the fight to keep the Asian carp out of the Great Lakes.

The Alliance does important work on many levels, from educational materials for teachers to use with their students, to shaping policy to protect the lakes, to working to pass the Great Lakes Compact which dictates how the lakes' water can be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment