The 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Adventures

Friday, March 20, 2009

First Segment Complete!


I trekked 72 miles over five days covering the lake shore (and passing through or skirting some massive industrial complexes along the way).

It all began in Chicago on Monday, March 16, and by the end of today I had touched three states.

I dropped in on two more bookstores in Hyde Park and their links have been added to the sidebar!

It was an amazing beginning to this adventure and I met some great people along the way.

The trek continues with Segment 2: Union Pier to South Haven (both in Michigan) starting this Tuesday and ending Thursday (March 24-26). This segment is 60 miles long and I'll trek it with my son, Ben. Lucas, my other son, will join me on segment three in April.

I'm mailing out three hats today to followers of this blog (sign up by clicking hat in sidebar). Thank you all for following the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment